Thursday, September 18, 2008

Growing Up in Jasper Tennessee


Gus & Elizabeth Locke Family of Jasper TN, c. 1901.
(L. to R. - Irene, Gus, Kate, Elizabeth)



Gus & Elizabeth Locke family of Jasper TN, c. 1906.
(L. to R. - Gus Thomas Leon Locke, Kate, Irene, Albert Haden, Elizabeth Caroline Parker Locke)

Certainly many family members have numerous stories to tell about the Locke family and their life in both Tennessee and Idaho. We'd certainly welcome you to share them here. But for now, here is what Kate and her sister Irene wrote about their lives. I hope that you'll enjoy learning more.
  1. Kate Locke Brower Life History [pdf file]
  2. Irene Locke Petersen Life Sketch [pdf file]

1 comment:

Teresa Beth Brower Timms said...

Did you know that Grandma use to hum when she worked?

A few years ago I was in the kitchen fixing dinner and my father was sitting at the counter watching me. He said, "You remind me of my mother, she always hummed when she worked too." I didn't realize I was humming and I didn't know that about Grandma Brower either. Now when I catch myself humming, I think of my father and his mother.